• Advertisement
To advertise, place classifieds free ads by category in a forum as a new topic, or in the classified display ads section, or start a classifieds free blog.

Texas man dies in freak accident after e-cigarette explodes in his face

Texas man dies in freak accident after e-cigarette explodes in his face

Postby smix » Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:00 am

Texas man dies in freak accident after e-cigarette explodes in his face
Yahoo News

URL: https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/texas-m ... 51745.html
Category: Lifestyle
Published: February 5, 2019

Description: A man from Fort Worth, Texas, has died of a massive stroke after an e-cigarette exploded in his face while he was attempting to use it, according to his family. He was just weeks away from his 25th birthday. According to NBC News, William Brown’s death certificate states he died from cerebral infarction and herniation after the debris from the exploding vape pen cut his left carotid artery. Alice Brown, William’s grandmother who raised him, told CBS DFW, “He had a future ahead of him; a life ahead of him.” On Jan. 29, William reportedly went to a local vaping store, Smoke & Vape DZ. The last words the licensed electrician told his grandmother were, “I’ll be right back, granny.” According to Smoke & Vape DZ, Brown did not purchase anything from their store but asked for help using his Mechanical Mod style vape pen. He was informed by the manager that the store did not sell that particular brand, as it was known to have issues. The manager called an ambulance when they saw Brown in trouble following the explosion, which occurred in William’s car in Smoke & Vape DZ’s parking lot, according to CBS DFW. He was taken by ambulance to John Peter Smith Hospital (JSP) in Fort Worth. Brown’s family told CBS DFW that doctors took x-rays and knew William had a piece of the vape pen lodged in his throat, but allege they never operated on him. Instead, he was put in a medically-induced coma. His grandmother calls it “murder.” “He should have made it if they had done the surgery,” she told the news outlet. Due to privacy laws, JPS cannot discuss specifics, but they did release a statement saying: “We hold ourselves to the highest standards in providing high-quality healthcare and will take family concerns seriously as we review all that transpired.” Alice said she has no intention of suing the hospital or the company that produced the e-cigarette that caused the tragic accident, as it will not bring her grandson back.
User avatar
smix
 
Posts: 1819555
Images: 1
Joined: Sat Aug 10, 2013 8:05 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to E-cigarettes, Vaping & Hookah


Mobile Device
  • 1
  • FREE CLASSIFIED ADS
    Free Classified Ads
    There are 3 ways to advertise - your choice: you can place free ads in a forum topic, in the classified display ads section, or you may start your own free blog. Please select the appropriate category and forum for the ad content before you post. Do not spam.
    Caveat emptor - let the buyer beware. Deal at your own risk and peril.
  • Advertisement